Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tagged

I have been tagged by Shonna to answer the hubby questions going around, so here goes!

1. What is his name? Joel Matthew Burgess

2. Who eats more? In volume, I would say Matt, but we probably eat about the same percentage of our body weight.

3. Who said, "I love you" first? This is sad, but I'm not sure. That was so long ago! We've been together over 15 years.

4. Who is taller? Matt, but it doesn't take much:)

5. Who is more sensitive? Me

6. Who does the laundry? Me, unless I haven't washed something he needs, then he does it.

7. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I'm not sure if you are talking about while we are laying down or if I'm looking at the bed. If it's laying down, that's me.

8. Who pays the bills? We both work, but I do the online bill paying - Shonna, checks are so last century:)

9. Who cooks more? Matt, and he's better at it! He usually has dinner waiting for us when me and the girls get home. It's great!

10. Who is more stubborn? We both are!

11. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Hmmm...neither one of us is ever wrong:)

12. Who has more siblings? Me. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. He has 1 brother and 1 sister.

13. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We share the pants. Neither one of us is the "boss". We try to compromise and make decisions together.

14. What do you like to do together? The normal things.

15. Who eats more sweets? Probably Matt. He's a snacker. I just like to eat a lot of "real" food, although I do like cookies a lot!

16. Guilty pleasures? I'm like Shonna, I'm not sure of a "guilty" pleasure, but Matt likes to fish and I love to go to the movies and to go shopping.

17. How did you meet? A group of girls went to the movies to meet a group of guys (we were around 13). He asked me to sit by him. He hasn't been able to stay away from me ever since:)

18. Who asked whom out first? Matt did.

19. Who kissed who first? Matt did. I actually refused him the first time he asked:)

20. Who proposed? Matt did.

21. His best features and qualities? Hard working, caring, great father, loving, handsome, loyal.

22. Tag, you're it. Who do you tag? Michelle & Leslie (Sorry if you've already been tagged)

By the way Shonna, you skipped number 5. on your list. It actually confused me for a second:)

7 comments:

Lori said...

Loved reading that! I knew it had been forever but I had actually never done the math - over 15 years is incredible! I actually remember you talking about him right after you met him! I don't think he was the only one who couldn't stay away:)

Shonna said...

I am so proud of Matt having supper ready for all of his girls when they get in...way to go!! And I think it paid off not letting him kiss you that first go around:)

Lori said...

By the way, when I saw you guys at Shonna's, Matt told me to tell my dad "hey." When I did my mother told me to tell you to tell him that he knows SHE'S the one that loves him!!:) So, pass that message along. How is he? Your mom said he was hurt. Hope he's better!

The Wilson's said...

That is very sweet of him to prepare dinner for ya'll. It is so neat that you have been together so long. I am glad you did this too!

Christi said...

oh, those trips to the movies..... I tell your story all the time. I tell people how you met in 6th grade and GOT MARRIED!! Talk about high school sweethearts!!! No one believes me-- now I can show them your blog!! Have you talked to our other partner in crime lately? April?

Christy said...

Lori - I will pass that info along to Matt. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it:)

Christi - The movies were great, weren't they:) I don't actually talk to April on the phone much, but I make a point to see her when I go home. She's doing great.

Julie said...

Very "sweet" sweethearts!!

We pay everything online too--just not to daycare b/c it isn't online! :) Jeremy is able to do this during the day since he has access to the computer quite a bit--it makes it very convenient!!