Monday, January 5, 2009

Babies are Blooming!!

Thanksgiving weekend, I hosted a baby shower for my sister Ashley and my cousin Wendy. They were due within 2 weeks of one another and I thought I would take care of both of them while we were all home for Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, this is my first baby shower that I have planned and carried out practically by myself (my mother actually helped me out a lot). I had no idea how much work it was. I wanted everything to be perfect from the invitations to the food. I actually hand made the invitations, which was quite a task, but I thought they turned out great. I also made diaper cake centerpieces and daisy ink pens (Alana and Ashton helped me with those). There was also a clothesline with several little gifts on it. All of this was to go with my theme of Babies are Blooming! I had several nightmares that I forgot something or didn't invite someone. It was stressful, to say the least. It turned out great though! We had lots of family and friends there and lots of great food and presents.

No comments: