Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Santa Pictures









I have decided that I have become a sporadic poster. I go a while without posting and then I do five in one day. Sorry!
I am FINALLY posting Santa pictures. As I've mentioned before, Gracie has been terribly scared of most anything and especially characters. For instance, she loves to go to Chuck E. Cheese, but will claw you to death trying to climb up into your arms if he even dares get within 20 feet of her. The last two years, I have had to be in the Santa picture with her to keep her from crying. I decided this year to actually book a session with Santa, so she would have time to talk to him and be around him a little before she was forced into his lap. My plan worked!! We first took pictures with Santa behind the girls' chair. They had NO CLUE he was even there. It was great! Then, he came out from behind the tree and began to talk to Gracie. He was such a nice guy. He called her by name, complimented her dress, joked with her. She ended up VERY comfortable with him as you can see in the pictures. It was a great success! Even Katherine did okay as long as I didn't make her sit in his lap, which I did, and I even forced the poor photographer to take the picture. Oh well, that's what memories are made of, right?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are great pictures of them with Santa. I LOVE their dresses, very pretty!! Gracie looks so sweet with Santa, can't believe she did so good with him this year, maybe next year BOTH of them will do good!!

Shonna said...

I LOVE those pictures...tell Gracie Mrs. Shonna said that she looked beautiful kissing Santa!!!
And I can see how all of this went down, with little you forcing that photographer to take that picture...hilarious!!!

The Wilson's said...

That was a great idea to book a session with Santa. The pictures turned out great!
As for the look alike meter, I agree with it! Gracie looks more like her Daddy to me. Katherine looks like you too, but it is hard to tell at that age.

Lori said...

Great idea Mom! I think the pictures turned out REALLY WELL!! My favorites are of Santa kissing Gracie and the one of the girls reading a book with Santa looking on! Beautiful dresses too!!

Matti said...

You have such precious and beautiful girls! The pictures turned out wonderful!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Those are too precious for words. That was a great idea!

Beth said...

Those are precious pictures! I love how little Catherine is not too sure about all that!! Precious memories! And that look-a-like meter needs to take another look...Gracie is all Matt and Catherine is You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Wonderful pictures of the girls with Santa. Maybe next year Katherine won't mind being in the picture with St. Nick.

I totally agree with the last comment that Beth made about the look-a-like meter!! :)

leslep said...

What cute pictures of the girls with Santa. I especially love the one where Santa is peeping around the corner looking at Gracie and Katherine in the chair.

I am going to have to check out the look-alike meter and see who it says PJ looks like!!