Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Short Stories

GIANT PIZZA

Gracie says "Mommy, why was our house really dark a long time ago?"
Mommy says "I don't know what you are talking about."
Gracie says "Maybe it was because a big pizza fell on top of our house. Remember, we had to use candles to see."
Mommy says "Maybe so, but that would have to be one giant pizza!"

I'm now assuming she is talking about a power outage.

BIG WORDS

1. I cooked cinnamon rolls for breakfast Saturday morning and am going to tell Matt that breakfast is ready.

Gracie comes running to me "Mommy, Mommy, I smell something delicious!"

2. Kiersten (Gracie's best friend since birth) is over at our house and they are taking a bath. Gracie keeps slipping down on purpose so she makes a big splash. I tell her she is going to get a spanking if she does it again.

Kiersten looks at Gracie and says, "When you do that, your mommy gets frustrated with you!"

TIME MANAGEMENT

The same night of the bath, I fed the girls hot dogs for dinner. Gracie is a hearty eater and downed her whole hot dog in about 10 minutes flat. Kiersten, on the other hand, could care less whether she eats or not so she had barely eaten one bite when Gracie jumps from the table and goes to play.

Gracie hollers from the other room "Kiersten, come play!"
I say to Kiersten "Kiersten, you need to eat some more of your hot dog before you go play."
Kiersten yells to Gracie "I need to finish my hot dog. I'll be there in twenty minutes!"

These kids are TOO FUNNY!!

4 comments:

Shonna said...

Gracie sounds like she is the entertainment around your house!!

Beth said...

I love your all your stories! Children seem to be some of the funniest people on earth!

Christy said...

With Gracie, it has only gotten better the older she gets. She's so much fun!

JMBMOMMY said...

Love the stories--love the 20 min. from Kiersten :) Wow! I can't believe how big your girls are--seriously wouldn't have recognized Gracie!!!! Crazy. So glad I know you have a blog now :)