Friday, September 19, 2008

We miss you Meme!

As some of you know, Matt lost his grandmother (Meme) this past Friday night. She was a very important part of his life. He always made the effort to spend time with her when we were in town. He would help her around her house with whatever she needed and they would sit and talk for hours about everything that was going on in our lives and in the lives of everyone in Andalusia. She was opinionated, but she also would let you make your own decisions in life. She loved flowers. Her yard was always full of them. When we lived in Montgomery, she came to visit one time and helped Matt plant some flowers in our flower beds. They started out as little things, but grew to be huge! They never would have grown if I had tried to plant them myself.

Meme had a good life and a good quality of life for a long time. She lived on her own up until the last six or eight months and then she moved in with Matt's Aunt Calmese. The last time we saw her was July 4th. She was thin, but was in great spirits. We'll miss you Meme!!

Here is her obituary posted at Andalusiastarnews.com:

Susie Belle Threatt, AndalusiaMrs. Susie Belle Threatt, 90, of Andalusia, died Fri., Sept. 12, 2008, at her daughter’s residence.
Graveside services were held at 2 p.m. Sun., Sept. 15, at the Andalusia Memorial Cemetery with the Rev. Jim Seymore officiating and Foreman Funeral Home directing.
Survivors include her daughters, Calmese Veasey and Sarah Burgess of Andalusia; her son, Jimmy Threatt of Andalusia; 10 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Clarence Grubbs of Comer, Ala.; and several nieces and nephews.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is truly amazing that she wasn't dependent upon anyone until the last few months of her life. I will keep you in my prayers!!

Shonna said...

Love y'all and glad to have been able to visit with all of you while in Andalusia!

JMBMOMMY said...

I know it is so hard to lose someone so dear to you--what great memories you have of her enjoying her life.

leslep said...

Sorry to hear about Matt's grandmother. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!!

The Wilson's said...

Hey!!
It is good to hear from ya'll! So far I have enjoyed this blogspot idea, I love hearing from everyone. I am sorry to hear about your family's loss. Your girls are so precious, too bad you don't live closer because are girls are pretty close in age. I know they would enjoy playing together. I will add your blog to the ones I am following. Take Care, and my God bless!

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear about Matt's grandmother! It's so nice to have sweet memories!!