Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Trip to the Beach...
























































We just got back (well, a week ago) from the beach at Hilton Head, SC. We went with some friends of ours, Denton & Jessica and their two kids, Bryson (8 years old) and Dane (11 months).
We had a blast. I was anxious to get there to see what the Carolina beaches looked like. I've been told all of my life that Florida beaches were the more beautiful beaches and they were right! Florida beaches are more beautiful, but I liked the texture of the sand in SC better. We could actually walk on the beach without sinking a foot into it. It was more like dirt, with a little bit of sand on top.
Just so you know, Gracie adores Bryson! There were some other boys his age there with us off and on (they stayed at a different location) and Gracie kept telling me they needed to go home so Bryson would play with her instead!
The house we rented was right on a small waterway. Every time I couldn't find Matt, I knew just where to look:) Gracie caught a fish while we were there. She was so proud! As was her Daddy! (See the smile on his face)
Well...I'm finally blogging. Let me know what you think!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some good pictures from your trip. The family picture is really good! I guess now I HAVE to start a blog so I'm not the only one left :) -Michelle

Christy said...

Thanks Michelle! I can't wait to read your blog:)

Shonna said...

Fun...I miss y'all tons!

leslep said...

Cute layout. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Christy said...

Shonna - you have to make it up here so we can meet up again!

Leslie - Thanks! I found the background from the website on your blog:)

Beth said...

Yeah! So glad you have a blog! I love this blogging thing. It's so nice to be able to "keep up" with everyone through pictures. Your family is precious. It's so funny how one looks just like Matt and one looks just like you!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. You guys look like you had a blast. Best wishes.

Julie said...

Hey Christy!! It is good to see that you are part of the blogging world!! You have a beautiful family. The blog page looks great!!

Christy said...

Thanks Julie! I'm becoming totally addicted to this whole blog thing!

Christi said...

HEY! I saw your blog through Michelle's. I like your template- it's cutie-pie! When Clay and I lived in Savannah we would go up to HH to the beach a lot. It was an adjustment at first but in the end we really decided we liked the Atlantic. Not better than the Gulf Coast but we liked it just the same. I particularly liked the shells!! You can't find shells like that in Destin! Your family is precious and I am glad I can keep up with you through your blog. I think I'll "subscribe" to your posts. I've not tried that yet so I will practice on you. Christi

Christy said...

Jennifer - I just figured out this morning who you were. Thanks for your comment! Don't make Matt work too hard:)