Saturday, February 21, 2009

Michelle will be so proud!

Well...I did it! I have been reading all of Michelle's blogs about her new couponing hobby and I finally took the plunge and tried it myself. Last night, Matt and I went to CVS to pick up a prescription for Gracie. Michelle had already given me the info I needed to get 6-12 packs of Coke for a great deal, so I decided to try it. They were out of the soap I was supposed to buy to get an extra $4 off of my cokes, but I actually already had a $3 ECB from a previous purchase so I used that instead. After using my $3 ECB, plus getting $10 ECB back on my Coke purchase, I paid about $1.50 each for 6-12 packs of Cokes. I think I got a great deal!

Matt was with me and he is totally on board now. I even overheard him on the phone last night telling his Dad what a great deal we got and what great deals Michelle has already gotten. I am all about saving money, and I look forward to saving more!

Thanks Michelle!!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

It's crazy, right? I actually got 14 bars of Johnson & Johnson soap for $0.76 this week. I also got some really great deals at Rite Aid. I may post about mine soon. The problem is that I'm not sure I can do it w/out Michelle telling me how:)

Lynn Castleberry said...

I need to talk to Michelle! I am all about saving money.

Julie said...

I need to get on my board myself to save those extra pennies!!

Your new background on your blog looks good. Is Matt sitll doing well?

The Wilson's said...

I did it too! I ended up having to go to 2 cvs stores to find the soap. It really works if you have the extra time to do it. I also got a great deal on strawberry boost, charmin toliet paper, venus razors, and herbal essence hair products. I still have 10 ecb's and can't wait for another good buy!!! I have converted from doing all my shopping at Walmart to mostly target, publix,cvs and walgreens. A little bit of extra time taken but alot of money saved. I CAN'T BELIEVE PUBLIX TAKES ALL COMPETITOR COUPONS. I haven't posted these things either!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Christy, Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Misty said...

HI. I was blog hopping and ran across you blog. I just wanted to say I. It has been FOREVER since I saw you. I'm not even sure you remember me. I dated Alan Ansley in high school and we use to come over and play cards. Just wanted to leave a comment to say HI.
Misty Carter Hubbard