Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just a quick update on Matt...

Matt seems to be doing very well. He continues to get around fairly well and refuses to stay on the couch. He even cooked dinner for us last night! He started physical therapy this week and has to go three times a week. His appointments are at 8:00 in the morning, so I take him and a dear friend of mine who is a stay at home mom has graciously volunteered to pick him up and take him back home so that I can go ahead and get to work. Thank you Heather!!

Yesterday was my first full day back at work. I think Matt was fine being at home by himself, besides just being bored. He is definitely not a stay in the house kind of guy. My parents left on Monday, but were a HUGE help while they were here. As of right now, everyone in the family is healthy (although Katherine had a note from daycare yesterday that she had been exposed to strep and pneumonia), and as soon as Matt is comfortable enough not to have to take any pain medicine he can drive.

Keep us in your prayers. Please pray specifically for his speedy recovery and for my work schedule. I haven't exactly worked out how I am going to get through tax season without his help. I'm hoping that he'll be able to drive and take care of the girls without too much difficulty in the next couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Shonna said...

What a sweet hubby...fixing dinner and all:) I know you have to be stressing the coming weeks with your helper being somewhat crippled! Just remember there is an escape (1 COR 10:13) and I am sure your friend Heather being able to help you out was not just a "coincidence". We will be praying for all of you during your very busy time of year. LOVE YOU and take care of yourself too!

Lori said...

We're glad he's doing better and that you have sweet friends to help out! We'll continue to pray for his recovery and your sanity:) Hopefully, he'll be pain free soon! (We'll also pray that Katherine doesn't get any of that bad stuff)

JMBMOMMY said...

Glad to hear he is getting better!

The Wilson's said...

I am glad to hear he is recovering well. We will remember you in our prayers.

Christi said...

Do you need me to come up there? I can load my little Audrey up and take a road trip! I don't mind at all--Audrey can sleep in our pack-n-play!! I can sleep on the floor! I can certainly drive little ones to school and back! :)

Julie said...

Bless your heart!! After reading your email, and makes me want to send help your way!!!

I'll definitely pray for a speedy recovery on Matt's behalf-and you girls as well- and that you'll get through this rough season at work and back to somewhat of a "normalcy" in the Burgess household. I'm glad that you have your friend, Heather, to help you out in a time of need. THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR!

Carrie said...

I am glad he is recovering well! I will continue to pray for you guys. I haven't even thought about it being tax season. Timing is everything, right? Thanks for the encouragement. I could use some kind words!

Beth said...

I'm glad to see Matt is feeling better! I hope all goes well with work. Praise the Lord for sweet, helpful friends!!!