Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy (LATE) Birthday, Daddy!

I know this is SUPER late, but I wanted to add it anyway. Expect several more posts to come in the days to follow. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Matt's birthday was October 31st, otherwise known as Halloween. I try to set the day apart from all of the hustle and bustle of it actually being Halloween. We usually do our trick or treating at the zoo (see previous post) and we normally just go out to dinner for Matt's birthday on Halloween. This year, Gracie dressed up as a cat for their school party. She also handed out candy to the neighborhood kids before we left for dinner. I almost think she liked that better than getting candy herself. She was so funny. When she couldn't see any kids coming, she would yell "Kids, hey kids..." She cracks me up!


Oh yea, back to Matt's birthday:) He is officially older than 30!! I keep teasing him about being older than me, even though I know a lot of you have hit the mark this year and he keeps reminding me that I will also be hitting it soon. I just remind him that, no matter how old I am, he will ALWAYS be older than me!

Matt, I hope your birthday was happy. The girls and I love you SO much and I can't wait to spend the next 31 years with you! (Don't forget to stop the music before you try to play the video.)

6 comments:

Lori said...

It's about time you started posting something!! LOL Happy Belated Birthday to Matt!! You guys really got one each. Gracie looks like him and Katherine looks just like you ~ in my opinion anyway!! Gracie also looks great in her cat costume. Very cute video!! Can't wait to see the other posts!

Shonna said...

That just makes me smile (and miss y'all a ton)!!

Happy Belated Birthday Matt!!!

Christi said...

How precious! That cracked me up listening to that little voice sing! How sweet she is! Happy Late Birthday, Matt!

The Wilson's said...

So good to hear from ya'll! It has been a VERY long time. Happy late b-day Matt! I can't wait to hear what else you have been doing.

Julie said...

Glad that your back posting!! I've missed all of the updates on the Burgess family. Sweet Post!!

Happy "Late" B-day, Matt!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Matt...that was funny, I could tell Matt was about to kill you videoing him...LOL tell him we all enjoyed it!!