Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Boo at the Zoo












We made our annual trip to Boo at the Zoo this past Sunday night. It is at the zoo here. Sponsors set up stations where kids can walk through and trick or treat. All of the zoo employees dress up as different characters. It's lots of fun. As you can see, Gracie went as Cinderella (she even had glass slippers!) and Katherine was her pumpkin (before it turned into a carriage). I decided to wear cat ears and a tail. Gracie proceeded to tell me I could be Lucifer the cat from Cinderella! I'm not sure whether to laugh or have my feelings hurt:) Matt went as a golfer - not really, he had just been playing golf with my Dad earlier that day.

One big thing that happened while we were there - Gracie had her picture made with Jasmine AND Cinderella. This is a big deal because she is VERY scared of anyone dressed up as a character, even human ones. This is a step in the right direction. She still wouldn't get near any of the other ones that had costumes on. Katherine didn't cry, but she didn't want them near her. She would just stare really hard at them as they walked by.

14 comments:

Heather said...

Christy you've got a beautiful Cinderella and a cute little pumpkin on your hands. This is Heather "Barton" by the way.

Shonna said...

Sounds like a fun time! Cute costuems...especially Matt's:)!!!

The Wilson's said...

They are little cuties!! Anna was Cinderella last year and wants to be her again. I am working on talking her out of that. We are doing very simple costumes this year. Anna is wearing all white w/ bunny ears and tail. Emily will be in all black with cat ears and tail. I think that will be much easier with pottying, now that Emily wears "big girl panties!" I couldn't let Anna go all out with her costume and not Emily. So I tryed to make it fair.
We have a zoo boo that the Montgomery Zoo puts on each year and we enjoy going to that also. It sounds like it is a similar event. Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

Christi said...

Hey- I saw when you posted these photos on your facebook page. I love facebook almost as much as I love this blog! You would never know by Gracie's smile that she was the least bit aprehensive about having her photo made with Jasmine and Cinderella. She looks like she is loving it!

The Clarks said...

Cute little Cinderella and Pumpkin!

Lori said...

Hey Christy! Cute costumes... looks like you guys had a really fun time.
Love you,
Lori

leslep said...

What a neat idea for kids to be able to go trick or treating and meet all the storybook characters. I love seeing all the cute kids costumes, I wish our little one was here so we could dress him up for his first halloween.

Michelle said...

You all look so cute! Did you do you do Gracie's make up? She looks so pretty and Katherine is also adorable! Looks like your mom and dad visited? I'm sure you all had so much fun! Tell Matt I said Happy early Birthday!! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Beth said...

How cute! I love the costumes!

Carrie said...

Hey Christy! I've started blogging too. Cute pics.

Lynn Castleberry said...

I am so glad Lori and Tina talked me into this. It's great! Your 2 little ones are adorable! Has she seen Santa yet?

Shonna said...

Missing you!!!

The Wilson's said...

Missing you too!! Is everything okay?