Monday, October 13, 2008

Guess who came to see me...

EMMIE!!! (Oh yea, Michelle, Paul, and Maddie came too!)






I got a phone call as I was leaving work on Friday. It was Michelle. She asked me if I lived anywhere close to Maryville, TN. I told her that it was only about a 30 minute drive from my house. She said Maddie had a gymnastics meet there on Saturday and Paul wanted her to go, but she didn't really want to drag Emmie to it. I suggested they come and stay at our house and she could stay with us while Paul & Maddie went to the meet. So they did!! I was ecstatic! They didn't get here until late because Maddie had practice until sometime after 8:00 (central time), so they couldn't leave until then. They arrived around 11:30 eastern time and we stayed up until about 1 a.m. I told Michelle Saturday morning that I must be on a high because I wasn't even tired.
Emmie is so precious! She is still only a little over five pounds, so she is tiny! Gracie and Katherine both loved her. Gracie was excited she got to hold her like a big girl. Katherine wasn't even jealous. She helped me burp her one time and even tried to brush her hair with a Barbie doll brush:) When we laid her in the play pen so we could eat breakfast, Katherine stayed by the play pen so she could keep her eye on Emmie. So cute!! I told Michelle she should just leave her with me for a weekend, so that I could see if I could handle three kids at once:)
They went home Saturday afternoon because Paul had to go to work early Sunday. I was so happy that I finally got to see Emmie and Michelle. Michelle seems to be doing really well and just dreads going back to work.



5 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

I have baby fever so badly---that would make 4!!! LOL! I told Matei and to my surprise he didn't even have to be convinced....He loves babies as much as me....it should stop eventually right???

Christy said...

Wow Celena! You are just a little baby factory:) I used to want 4, but I'm definitely down to 3 now. I'm not even sure about that. Matt has pretty much put on the brakes for now, but we'll see:)

Shonna said...

I KNOW you could handle three...especially with all that help you have!!!

I am so glad that you got to see the Hunter's and that all is well. Emmie is soooo precious and I can't wait to get my hands on her little 5lb self:)!!

Beth said...

I am so glad you got to see little Miss Emmie! She is so sweet and TINY!! I would love to get some kisses off those precious cheeks! And I'm glad Michelle was able to get out and visit with you. I know y'all had a great time!

The Wilson's said...

She is so precious!! I know what you mean, about wondering how to handle 3 children. I often wonder if we are ready for another baby. I definitely love babies, it's the pregnancy part that doesn't agree with me. Anna was 9# 9oz when she was born and Emily was 9# 2oz, and the thought that if it is a boy it will be bigger scares me to death. Also c-sections are not fun, that part alone is scary enough!!